Thursday, October 2, 2014

New Exfolimate, Your Best Mate for Silky Smooth Skin



The Exfolimate‘s tagline claims that it’s “your best mate for silky, smooth skin” and thus opens up by promising you a great exfoliation experience. I wanted to see if it lived up to its claims, so I have been putting it to the test and am ready to share my personal experience and thoughts with you.
The first thing to be clear about is that this is not a shaver, despite its appearance! It is meant to be used prior to any shaving you plan on doing. (Which makes sense considering one of its claims is that it can help reduce ingrown hairs!) The Exfolimate’s “blade” is not sharp enough that it will cut you while being used nor will it remove any body hair. It is simply a tool that has a “patented, laser-formed edge with micro grooves” which–combined with warm water from your bath or shower–helps clear your pores, smooth away dead skin cells, and ‘stimulate’ the skin. The Exfolimate sells for $29.99 and can be purchased from Beauty Hub here. You don’t need to use any special cleansers with it–in the instructions it advises that you can exfoliate simply with water. This makes it a good alternative for those who experience irritation with certain scrubs! (Also helpful to note: you don’t need to change it month-to-month, it recommends being replaced every 12 months.)
Website description:
Say G’day to ultra smooth skin and goodbye to dull, flakey skin. Introducing Exfolimate ™ – the ultimate tool to give you younger, fresher looking and feeling skin.
Designed in Australia – Exfolimate is your handy mate to instant exfoliation and pore clarification without the fuss of scrubs and loofahs that only rub the surface of your skin without actually removing the problem.
The secret is Exfolimate’s innovative micro-groove technology etched into the smooth metal edge. The micro-grooves gently lift and remove lingering skin cells and debris to unveil younger, fresher skin.
Exfolimate is made to gently exfoliate the face and body and is precision designed for daily exfoliation and naturally skin clearing results.
Exfolimate transforms the surface of your skin.

 To be honest I was a bit skeptical at first. I wondered how the Exfolimate would do in actually exfoliating my skin versus a facial scrub or my loofah. I followed the instructions… I allowed myself to be in the shower a bit to allow the steam & warm water soften the surface of my skin, prepping it for the process of exfoliation. I used the Exfolimate Face exfoliator at a 90-degree angle and in upward motions, methodically going across my skin and mentally trying to figure out if I covered every inch. (An in-shower mirror would have been helpful for this.) When I was finished, I looked at the edge. I didn’t really see any debris so I wasn’t sure if I did it right. I then felt my skin with my fingers–to the touch, not much felt different. It wasn’t until I got out and used the towel to gently rub my face dry that I realized I definitely used it right! Let’s just say I didn’t realize how much dead skin I had until I witnessed it start sloughing away. (TMI?) Within the first use the Exfolimate had already exfoliated better than any exfoliating scrub I had used before. I was impressed, to say the least!
I have also used the Exfolimate Body exfoliator. This proves to be a bit more time consuming if you are trying to cover every inch of your body. (The loofah has the upper hand when it comes to the time factor.) I did the same process–drag it across the skin (not with too much pressure, of course) at a 90 degree angle. I have used it all over  but think I prefer to use it most on my legs and arms. I haven’t used it every time I shower, though, because it takes a little extra time (would be great to use in a bath!) so when I am rushed I still grab for my loofah. But, if I am not trying to get out the door, I use this prior to shaving and I have noticed after multiple uses my skin is softer.
I was pleasantly surprised by the Exfolimate. It is unlike any other beauty tool that I own, but I find myself reaching for the Face one regularly (every time I shower now) and the Body one when I have some extra time to spare. Plus, I love that I don’t have to replace them for a whole entire year! What do you think of the Exfolimate?
 IF YOU LIKE IT AND WANT TO TRY IT CLICK HERE ON LINK TO PURCHASE
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slim Wrap